Personal website: https://zsck.co
BSc. Computer Science - Memorial University of Newfoundland
Sept. 2011 - Aug. 2015
Lead Software Developer - Stratum Security
Dec. 2015 - Dec. 2017
- Led and mentored team using an agile development process with code review and TDD.
- Developed over a dozen backend services; REST APIs, FTP, DNS, and SMTP servers.
- Developed network security testing agent software in Rust and Go.
- Designed authentication schemes and capability-based access controls.
Software Developer - eQualit.ie
Jan. 2015 - Dec. 2015
- Developed censorship circumvention software in Go
- Contributed to an implementation of a novel cryptographic communication protocol.
- Built libraries and tools for denial-of-service protection software.
Software Developer (Intern) - Electronic Frontier Foundation
May 2014 - Aug. 2014
JavScript, Python, Git, SQLite
- Developed a secure updating mechanism for the HTTPS Everywhere browser extension.
- Received mentorship from a more senior developer during Google Summer of Code.
- Worked collaboratively with the open source community around HTTPS Everywhere and EFF.
Capture The Flag (CTF) Scoreboard
Oct. 2016 - Present
- Heavy focus on user interface design, security, and ease of deployment.
- Deployed and used in several events, by hundreds of people.
- Used as an opportunity to learn Elm (inspired Redux of React fame) and GraphQL.
Handmade Lisp Interpreter
Nov. 2015 - May 2016
- Designed a dialect of the Lisp programming language and wrote an interpreter for it.